With a some tools and materials, in a few hours you can make the holidays memorable. Here are some creative DIY ideas with fabric for Christmas ornaments sure to light up your room or home.
Do it yourself
With the do-it-yourself maker movement in full force for the holiday season, it’s time for little ones and adults alike to get busy on a creative activity that lets their imaginations run wild.
- How about making fabric Christmas ornaments with needle and thread — or even with just a glue gun?
First things first…
The first step in setting up your fabric Christmas ornaments collection is to get equipped. Visit your favourite fabric and craft supplies stores online to find all those things that inspire you or you reuse old things that are useless in daily life. To really get in the spirit of the holidays, you could opt for:
- Fabrics and ribbons printed with Christmas trees or snowmen.
- Red and gold felt and velvet.
- Absorbent cotton is used instead of which are such snowy stuffs
- Shiny gold satin to give you a silky texture to play with.
- Metallic fabrics for a luxurious look to be able to use old useless clothes.
- Organza and tulle for a shimmering effect.
- Button from old clothes or body fabric from old bags.
When the Christmas tree or princess gets all dressed up
The Christmas tree or princess that will soon be taking pride of place in your home is the centrepiece of your seasonal decorating. That means you’ll have to create ornaments that live up to its great height. Here are a few suggestions:
- Patchwork balls: Whenever you do any sewing during the year, remember to keep your fabric scraps to cover styrofoam balls in patchwork patterns. Stick them on with a water-based glue or stick pins.
- Pretty bows: Use some gorgeous red and white gingham ribbon and tie bows to hang on your tree. Or, use any ribbon that matches your decor or the ribbons on your gifts.
- Princess angels: Use a glue gun to make angel silhouettes to hang from the branches of your tree.
- Tree skirt and fabric garlands: These are the finishing touches to what will surely be the most beautiful Christmas tree ever.
Down to the smallest detail
Take advantage of these preparations to create an enchanting atmosphere in every corner of your home with fabric Christmas ornaments. Start by dispersing white cotton or polyester batting to create the illusion of a snow-covered floor. Nimble fingers will have no problem sewing tiny bells, fir trees and small stars of embroidered fabric.
- Don’t forget to sew Christmas stockings that you can customize for each of your loved ones.
Countdown to the festivities
That’s it, you’re almost done… All that’s left is for you to hang your fabric Advent calendar, because the countdown to the start of the festivities is almost here!
If you are finding a sustainable supplier in Vietnam. Please contact:
G.M International Co., Ltd.
Address: #83 Street A4, Ward 12, Tan Binh District, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
WhatsApp/Zalo: +84 (0) 765 067 927
Working hours: Mon – Fri from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm